Jenn and Rob

Friday, February 1, 2008

God did make disgusting creatures

For the past couple months, I have had a housekeeper that isn't the friendliest of people. I on the other hand, am pretty outgoing and like to talk to people. So for the first couple weeks of this new housekeeper, I would say "Good Morning, How are you?" to him. The response I would get everyday was:
1. he would ignore me, and not acknowlege that I talked to him.
or
2. he would do a little grunt but not even look up.

So after a couple of weeks, I knew I wasn't going to get him to say hi or smile or be happy. So I kind of quit saying Hi.

I swear this guy hates me. He knows it is like 30 degrees outside and that when the door opens it is freezing. But he ALWAYS makes sure he vacuums the rug infront of the door so the door stays open at like 7 in the morning. And not only does he vacuum it, but he vacuums it like 4 times! Then today the vacuum wasn't working I guess, and so he fixed it for like 3 minutes infront of the door so the door stayed open the WHOLE time. I am not kidding you, this guy is out to make me miserable.

Well anyways, I was sitting at my desk chatting with Jim the maintenance worker(I think that is his name...) and the housekeeper of the devil starts vacuuming behind my desk.

::::Side note::: he always vacuums my desk when I am:
a. talking to someone
b. on the phone
c. when I am talking to someone AND a helicopter is flying in
so in all of these instances, I have to end up yelling so the people can hear me.
:::SIDE NOTE OVER:::

I moved my chair and trashcan so he could vacuum but he missed this one thing on the floor. I thought it was a red pepper or something. So I picked it up to throw it away. When I realized it was not a red pepper, it was a COCKROACH! The most disgusting creature on EARTH! I threw it down and put hand sanitizer on like 3 times and was freaking out for a good 30 seconds.
I then look over and my devilish housekeeper is laughing... LAUGHING! Now some of you may think that this is a sad situation here. I did pick up the filthiest creature ever created. But I have never seen this guy smile. Not once and he has been here for 2 months at least. So... inspite of me being thoroughly grossed out, I am happy. If my housekeeper was happy, I am happy. But, don't expect me to pick up another cockroach, just to get him to smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment