We have pretty much spent most of our time getting settled in, buying everything that I need and enjoying the beautiful weather. It is so funny when I hear people say "it is soooooo hot!" When I was just thinking to myself, man, it sure feels good out here!
Moving in Des Moines weather was absolutely wonderful compared to Mesa. I wasn't drenched in sweat after the first box...
Let's see... what else could I tell you about...
I have really enjoyed cooking dinners and lunches for us. Emily's cooking website has came in handy and we have LOVED all the recipes we have tried from there.
We also went to the farmer's market and picked up a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies and had a scrumptious dinner with them. Of course we had to try the Iowa sweet corn, which was delicious. You should be jealous. mmmmm....



For Labor Day, we kayaked the Raccoon River. Well, part of it. 6 miles to be exact. If anyone visits or moves to Iowa, I do not recommend this. If I wasn't paddleing, I was moving backwards. The water was so low and it was pretty windy. For about the last 45 minutes, I did not want to paddle one more time. But... that's the awful thing about it, I mean, the GREAT thing about it. You can't just stop paddleing when you want to quit, there is no where to get off and quit.... you just have to keep paddleing. But we did it!
Um... I think that is about it for now. Rob has to go back home to Phoenix tomorrow, so I better spend as much time with him as I can.
Congrats on the success of the move.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pics of the new place.
hey jenn!!! im so glad you found me on here haha. how are you been??
ReplyDeleteSo you are actually admitting to being an Idiot Out Wandering Around? So glad you both arrived safely. Don't forget to keep this up to date!
ReplyDelete