Did you know that October is a freakin exciting month? Not just because there are haunted houses, corn mazes of Jay Leno, and you can dress up as the opposite gender and no one says anything, but becuase it is National Celebrate Sun Dried Tomatoes Month!
As I was driving in to work listening to nothing other than KMLE Country, I was informed about what this month actually is! And to think after all these years I never knew what October was all about!
Did you know that October is:
National Go Hog Wild- Eat Country Ham Month
National Caramel Month
National Construction Toy Month
National Family Sexuality Month
National Liver Awareness Month
National Pajama Month
National Popcorn Awareness Month
National Roller-Skating Month
National Sarcastic Awareness Month
National Window-Covering Safety Month
National Positive Attitude Month
National Right Brainers rule Month
National Spinach Lovers Month
National Vegetarians Month
There are just a few of these that I have some questions on. First, why is there a liver awareness month? Aren't we all aware that we have a liver? Second, aren't we all aware that there is popcorn? Third, what the heck is a window-covering and why is it so safe? If there was a fire and you had to jump out of your window, you couldn't. I think they need to consult with Smokey the Bear on that one.
Which brings me to my next thought. How do you get to declare that a month is National "insert name here" month? Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to hear that it is National Cookie, Chili, Caramel and Wishbones for Pets Month, but how do I make it National Wear No Underwear Month or National Speak English Only Month or National Mondays and Fridays are days off Month (Kevin, that one is for you) or National Socks are not to be Worn with Sandals Awareness Month. The world would be so much better if I decided what we should observe and celebrate each month.
3 years ago
If you're interested, the website for Wishbones for pets is http://www.wishbonesforpets.com. Thanks for mentioning it in your post!
ReplyDelete