Jenn and Rob

Monday, October 1, 2007

Shijingshah Amusement Park

This morning while listening to KMLE Country I also heard another little fact that actually proved to be a little incorrect when I researched it a little more. But very intriguing to me.
They said that there is now a Disneyland in China! Right away I kind of got all giddy inside. Why you ask? Because now I can fit in more than 2 rides in a day because 80% of Disneylands population would vanish! This is how I currently feel about Disneyland: You end up stading in line for hours and you have to listen to the Asians babble in their foreign language, wondering what kind of crap they are saying about you. Then! Then! They have to take pictures of EVERYTHING! Here is Joe on the red bench, here is Joe on the blue bench, here is Joe eating a churro, here is a picture of the churro, here is Joe standing in line for the Matterhorn. C'mon! Joe looks the same in every picture and Californian Churros look the same as Chinese Churros!
So the best part about my research was to find out that this actually isn't a Disneyland. It isn't associated with Disney at all. It is the Shijingshah Amusement Park. The President of the park said in an interview that nothing is copied from Disney and that all the characters in the park are original creations. Let me just show you some of the pictures of the characters at the park...
That's not Donald Duck, just a normal looking Chinese Duck.
According to the Park Representatives, this is not Minnie Mouse, it is a cat with very large ears!
Just last week I was talking about how I think that Asians are brilliant people. Mainly because the only people doing well in my Microbiology class are Asians. (Professor is from China... hm...)
But after these comments, I am questioning their intelligence. Who doesn't know the difference between a mouse and a cat? Obviously more than one person in China. I now take back the comment I made about Asians being brilliant people and have now came up with a excuse for why I got a 68% on my last Micro exam. It is because my professor doesn't actually know the difference between bacterial cells. Therefore, I don't know the difference. It all makes sense. Wow, I am feeling so much better now. Thank you Shijingshah Amusement Park President, you have made my life so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment