Working where I do, I am approached by a very diverse population. Wealthy, poor, homeless, mediocre, prissy, bossy, moody, happy, bubbly, rude, considerate, ugly, pretty, fat, ridiculously obese, skinny, oddly shaped, handsome, smokin' hot, hillbillies, businessmen, chiseled, crazy, handicapped, old, young, pleasant, brilliant, and just plain stupid. But the ones that drive me the most crazy are the "smelly ones."
Not until I have worked at this job have I had such foul smells go through my nose.
But, today I experienced a pleasant smell. A lady that I helped smelled exactly like my grandma smells. It is a sweet perfume and it is what my grandma always wears.
I find it funny how I can't remember the majority of the people I see in a day or tell you what they were wearing, or what they asked me, or even what color hair the person I helped last had. But smells are different. I can tell you exactly who came up to my desk and smelled like they hadn't showered in a few days. Or who smelled like smoke. Or who made me have to spray air deodorizer after they left.
:::Tangent::: one of my worst fears is that a smelly person will come in and their smell lingers at my desk and the next person that walks up will think it is me that smells. Forget about fear of heights, being fat, or doorknobs, I am scared of people thinking I smell.
Anyways, it would be nice if everyone understood the value of a bar of soap, deodorant and toothpaste. Priceless.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment