Jenn and Rob

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

she can cook!

So, as previously mentioned, my new favorite sandwich is the mozarella caprese at Switch. So, I decided to make it. Let me tell you... MAN IS IT GOOD!!
This is how I made it:

Basil Pesto:
2 Cups fresh basil leaves(packed)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, minced
a little salt and pepper

The recipe says to only put certain ingredients in at a time in the food processor, but I thought it was a waste of time. And, I don't own a food processor. So, I just threw everything in at once in the blender and it turned out perfect.

Lemon-Garlic Mayonaise
Mayonaise
Fresh minced garlic
a little lemon juice

Just mix them all together. :)

Other ingredients needed for sandwich
Focaccia Bread (I got mine at fresh and easy and it was SO good!)
Fresh Mozarella sliced in thick pieces
lettuce
Fresh sliced tomatoes

Just spread some pesto on one piece of bread and some garlic-lemon mayo on the other piece of bread. Put mozarella, tomatoes and lettuce on and close the sandwich! ENJOY!

Trust me, this is a sandwich everyone needs to try.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I wish I was that motivated to cook. Anyways, I need your email-our blog is going to be private soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem w/ my sleeves, but i didn't do anything about it. I really didn't need to raise my arms much at all except for dancing at the end of the evening. It wasn't a big deal for me.
    I would be nervous about altering, i just wouldn't want to go too short somehow.
    It's a tough decision.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete