Rob and I recently spent a wonderful weekend in Chicago for the 4th of July. We figured we had to go there sometime while I live so close to Chicago or else we won't go when I move back to Phoenix. Let me tell you, Chicago. is. amazing.
The pizza... the museums... the architecture...Lake Michigan... It is just a beautiful city. Our favorite place there was by far the Shedd Aquarium. And note to everyone: there is more than one floor in the Shedd Aquarium. We didn't know until this past Thursday, but it was still SO COOL! And Giordano's has the best Chicago style pizza. DELISH!
On our way home from Chicago we enjoyed stopping at all the attractions including the World's Largest truck stop, which by the way has a museum, the Amana Colonies, an outlet mall, and Grinnell, Iowa which was recently nominated as one of the nation's best small towns.
We also have enjoyed driving on the small country roads here in Iowa. Everything is so green and pretty and we love seeing miles and miles of corn and soybeans. We drove to Saylorville lake recently for our family home evening and on the way found "Camp Dodge." It had 3 tanks and a jet just as a little pull off/lookout view on the side of the road. Really neat.
Other than that, Rob and I have been pretty busy. Rob has 3 ward callings, including ward missionary. I have clinicals 3 days a week this semester and on Wednesdays I don't have class until 5:30, so I have been volunteering all day Wednesdays and Saturdays with Habitat for Humanity this summer. I have learned so much and met some of the best people in the world. So far I have been deemed "one of the guys," and "the cutter." I have learned how to put up siding and soffets, underlayment, made an attic entryway, used all the saws and cut everything from siding, soffets and all sorts of wood, made porch stairs and porch railings, caulked, spray foamed, installed a door, door locks, painted, and installed window shutters. Rob came along with me one saturday morning and I was so proud of him for hopping up on the porch roof and helping with I think soffets. He was great.
I'm so glad to see some new pictures!!!
ReplyDeletegood read the update and hear you guys are doing well. love that you're doing habitat for humanity that sounds really fun!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are awesome. I don't know how you do all that you do.
ReplyDeleteSteve has raved about Giordano's for a long time. As does our neighbor who lived in Chicago. We had it in Orlando sometime the week after 4 July. Their thin crust is really good too! Promise that email soon!
ReplyDeletethanks jenn, we think shes pretty amazing haha! sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun! ill definitely add you i just need your email :)
ReplyDelete