I have been studying since 7:00 this morning and since it is now 1:18, I decided I better take a break. So I signed on to write a blog to find out that my blog is all in FRENCH! Took me a while to figure out what to click to change it back to english.
I'll start off with my decision I made last Friday, or maybe it was 2 Friday's ago, who knows. I chose a sonography program! I will be moving to Des Moines Iowa, WHERE I WILL FREEZE MY BAHOOKEY OFF!!! I will attend Mercy College of Health Sciences, it is a private catholic college (won't I fit in?)beginnning in the fall. I love what the program looks like and everyone I have talked to has been so nice, friendly, and intellegent. Yes, intellegent. You wouldn't believe how intellectually challenged some of the people associated with the schools I have talked to in the past year have been.
Let me give you an example:
Convo with one school that couldn't think out-of-the-box:
School: Hi Jennifer, we are looking at your transcripts to apply to the sonography program and you are missing one of the pre-requisites, college algebra.
Me: I don't have college algebra, but I have pre-calc, and calculus. I took a placement test and passed out of college algebra and was placed in pre-calculus.
School: yes, we see that you took those classes, but unfortunately we are only choosing applicants that have the pre-requisite of college algebra.
Me: You do know that college algebra is a pre-requisite for calculus, right?
School: yes, but they only look at college algebra and you don't have college algebra.
Me: Okay... so what can I do?
School: You can take college algebra.
Me: You want me to go backwards and take college algebra?
School: that is the only thing you can do.
Me: alrighty then...
I am really excited to start and so glad that I got into a program. I spent a lot of time and money applying to programs across the US and worked really hard studying to keep a high GPA, and it ALL PAID OFF!
On another note... I GOT MY RING!!! I no longer have to wear the blue wax ring! It is absolutely gorgeous. The diamond is incredible and I am very, very happy:)Rob proposed for the second time last Friday at South Mountain with a beautiful sunset behind us and the whole valley below us. Perfect. I would post a picture to show off it's magnificence, but my camera is retarded and won't turn on. So... you will have to wait until I decide to call Kodak. I have been putting it off because I want to spare myself from talking to the customer service representative that landed in America yesterday and knows a total of 10 words in English. Let me accumulate some patience :) then I will post it.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment