Jenn and Rob

Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Sad Goodbye

If you are new to my blog, you may not know that I am moving to Des Moines, Iowa in August to begin a long sought after sonography program. I am really really excited!
But, I am also going to miss a lot of Arizona. Arizona is basically all I have known, and I really love living here.

I was reading Aubrey's Blog and she had this cute thing posted on ways you know you are from Arizona. These are a few of the ones I really liked: (mainly because they are SOOOOO true!)

You can attend any function wearing shorts and a tank top. (and flip flops!)

The temperature drops below 85, you feel a bit chilly

You realize that snowbirds aren't really birds at all, but just really bad out of state drivers that hate their winters

You take rain dances seriously

You know better than to get into a car with leather

Most of the restaurants in town have the first name "El" or "Los."

You buy salsa by the gallon

You think a red light is merely a suggestion

You can pronounce Saguaro, Tempe, San Xavier, Canyon de Chelly, Mogollon Rim, Cholla, Gila and Tucson.

You burn your hand opening the car door

You can be in the snow, then drive for an hour...and it will be over 100 degrees

You can hear the weather forecast of 115 degrees without flinching.

The best parking is determined by shade.....not distance.

BUT!!!
I love Arizona!
This nurse came into work today and talked to me. I found out she is from outside of Des Moines and the one thing she had to say to me was: "wear warm clothes..."
ARIZONA DOESN'T SELL WARM CLOTHES

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like Des Moines is pretty cold, sure you want to move??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    Hey girl! I know you sent me a text asking me to invite you to my blog, but of course I dropped my phone in water... Will you send me another text with your email address again? Thanks!

    Hali

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you enjoy des moines jenn! yeah i really need to update my blog so youll know that info better but yeah i gots nothin to do rite now so ill prolly do stuff to it finally :). well life is goin great and last night me and nyles were enjoyin feelin and watchin alyx kickin movin, its just amazin havin that connection wit her! hows life goin for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. its more like we need to hang out before you leave since your leaving before alyx gets here. yeah nyles already has bought girlie pink oufits/ dresses for her so shes well on her way there haha. rocky point is a pretty good place for a honeymoon...i mean thats where nyles and i went for ours cuz its only 3 hours away and a beach

    ReplyDelete
  5. JENN! Don't leave! J/k I know its hard to leave AZ but fun things await you!
    Yes Martin and I are dating and things couldn't be more perfect!
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete