
**** DISCLAIMER: In no way am I trying to force anyone to do anything. In no way is this meant to be violent. In no way am I saying that I hate illegal immigrants. In no way do I want to argue with anyone. This is my opinion and my feelings about illegal immigration. Yes, I see it on an ever day basis and yes, I did do research before hand mainly on the United States Immigration support website.****
I'm a US citizen. I am also an Arizonan. I am a student. I am a part of the working class. I pay my taxes. I pay for medical insurance. I pay for car insurance. If I get a fine, I pay the fine. I take my car in for emissions. I speak English. I follow US and Arizona laws.
Living in Arizona, going to school in Arizona and working in a hospital in downtown Phoenix has made me have pretty strong feelings towards illegal immigration.
On a minutely (not monthy, daily, or hourly... minutely) basis, I deal with illegal immigrants that
1. Don't speak English. Demand an interpreter. And are suprised when you say you don't speak Spanish.
2. Ask how to apply for a social security card the second after they have a baby.
3. Make US citizens with health insurance that are in the emergency room wait because they are clogging up the emergency room with sore throats, coughs, and the common cold because they don't have insurance.
4. Ask for AHCCC
and my list can just go on and on...
So when I heard the illegal mexicans on TV whining about Sheriff Joe Arpaio asking for proof of citizenship when they are pulled over by an officer, it threw me over the edge. Why is it that they think they have rights in our country? Why is it that they think they can do whatever they want? Why is it that they think that it is not fair that OUR officers are abiding by our immigration laws? If you were here legally, you have nothing to worry about it you are asked to prove your citizenship. If you are here illegally, your sorry ass deserves to be sent back to where you came from.
Every illegal citizen here in the United States is a criminal. Yes, CRIMINALS. They broke a pretty big US law by crossing the border illegally. And criminals deserve to be treated like CRIMINALS.
For those of you who think that illegal immigration is not a problem, did you know that an estimated 12 million - 20 million illegal immigrants reside in the United States? Did you know that 50% of the people on the roads in Arizona do not have insurance? Did you know that an estimated 4,500 undocumented mexicans try and cross our southern border EACH DAY. That's 1,642,500 a year. Did you know that our country is giving ILLEGAL Immigrants (CRIMINALS), benefits that many of our own citizens don't get to enjoy such as
-Licences
-In-state tuition
-financial aid
-welfare
-mortgages
-bank accounts
-health care
-AHCCC
They get fake ID's, they get fake social security cards with fake social security numbers on it, they get fake green cards. They are then hired by employers that don't run these fake ID's through. Why? My guess is cheap labor. Why would they hire a willing to work American for $10/hr when they can hire an illegal alien for minimum wage? However, that minumum wage isn't a tax payers minimum wage. Their minimum wage has no taxes taken out. Anyways, they then are paid, get a W2 and the government gets their W2 with a fake social security number. Their unpaid taxes and W2's are stashed into what the government calls a "earnings suspense file" in hope of finding out who the W2's belong to someday. This file is growing and has about $50 billion every year of unpaid taxes in it.
In other words... we are paying them a pretty good wage, they don't pay any taxes, they receive health care, welfare, financial aid and all the benefits of living in America, while we pay for them to enjoy all this. We pay for them to live on our land, we pay for them to drive on our roads, we pay for EVERYTHING for them to live here as criminals, illegally on our land.
I for one, and sick of it. I understand that they come from a country where their living circumstances may not be the greatest. But, look at our world... They are not the only country that is struggling. They are not the only country with high poverty (although they were ranked #4 for the most millionaires). They are not the only country!
They are making a mockery of our country. Coming here, breaking our immigration laws. Not learning English. Breaking more of our laws by driving without a drivers licenses, insurance, not registering their vehicles, not getting emmissions checked, not paying taxes, using fake ID's, social security cards, and green cards, working illegally, and then lets not forget the thousands of burglaries, drug raids, smuggling, murders, assault charges, and hit-and-run accidents that they are involved with. And then running rally's and marches waving the Mexican flag on our soil demanding rights. Do you as an American have any rights in Mexico? Didn't think so.
Our government, and us, need to do something. We need to secure our borders. Get the ones that are here, out of here. Quit giving them all the luxuries and benefits that they are receiving. And show them that we are not going put up with them breaking our laws! We will probably never be able to completely rid illegal immigration. But we can start decreasing the ones coming in and getting the ones that are here out.
Please, please, please pay attention to what is happening in politics here locally, in the state, and across the country. A big election is coming up pretty soon and WE are the ones that need to vote responsibly. WE need to know what the candidates WE are voting for stand for.
I here ya sista
ReplyDeleteWell written Jenn! Is it not perfectly legal and expected to ask for identification when stopped for questioning by a police officer? Especially in traffic situations?
ReplyDeleteSheriff Joe and I don't always see eye to eye in our views but I do agree that illegal immigration is becoming more than an annoyance. Their blatant disregard for our laws is what really pisses me off. Refer to the Bishara case in 2006 (do a Google search) which was presided right here in the PHX and I was in the selection pool for jurors. Bishara was not here illegally, but she was attempting to flee the country after being involved in a fatal hit and run. Her buddy (the driver) actually did flee.
I can think of some other cases that strike close to home as well. ;)
If you want to come to America, do it legally. I welcome you!! Otherwise, there's the border. The grass is always greener on the other side.
Amen!!
ReplyDeleteJenn Jenn! Thanks for your comment on my blog! Haha and although I did bag on newly weds more than a little bit, I am thoroughly happy for you getting married. I would definitely say that you are one of the exceptions to the stereotype of girls who lose their own personal identity to get involved with a dude. So way to go!!
ReplyDeleteAs for this post of yours, all I have to say is LOL because I have written so many things about illegal immigration, I even did a speech about it in my public speaking class, knowing there was a very vocal, very proud illegal immigrant in the room. She pressed me for facts, much to her dismay, that I had solid evidence for. She was just mad because she was starting to see the Americans' side of things, and realized she can't always be right.
Anyhow, what's unfortunate about illegal immigration is that there really isn't any stopping it, only decreasing it (Which, heightened border security in the last couple years has proved itself effective). Think about it: why wait years and pay "thousands" of dollars to come here legally when you can do it for about $100 illegally tomorrow?? Sounds like a great deal, right? And I Love that you bring up our lack of rights, and our lack of a right to demand rights, in Mexico. Can you imagine if, for some un-Godly reason, we decided to invade Mexico? Demanding everything be available bilingually, get in car accidents and not be held responsible because we have no Mexican insurance... at least State Farm offers Mexico insurance! I doubt there are any agencies in Mexico that would even ENTERTAIN the idea of American insurance for traveling to the States. Whatever.. I get fired up haha. I am much more informed now than when I first starting writing about this stuff, but I'll shoot you the link to the blog on my MySpace that I wrote about it a while back. Just for the sheer enjoyment of reading my material haha.
Good for you for staying up to date on politics. More people need to be like you and actually care about the state of our union. Let's talk more! :)
i totally understand what you are saying, but be carful, because there are more inmigrants in america than just the mexicans, and they are illigals too. All i have to say being an inmigrant is that there must be a reform on the whole inmigration sistem, because sometimes people that get legal permission to the country, don't deserve it, meanign that when you go to apply for a visa, you only get approved or denied depending on how the guy behind the desk is feeling like. The US should take the good things from other counties like the UK, Canada, Australia with their inmigration point sistem so it doesn't leave it all to the guy behind the desk. All i have to say, is that you have a beautiful country with lots of oportunities, I love the US. I trully hope that your country may find some way to solve this HUGE problem.
ReplyDelete