Your humble blogger, the one without a middle name, here (a.k.a Roberto):
So, I don't have too many updates for this week and I don't have too much time tonight. I know. You are disappointed and your probably throwing your hands in the air. Our fan mail will probably be non-existent. Below are some highlights:
1) received some great Christmas and wedding gifts, including chocolates, Delft blue cups, clock and sugar holder, from dad and Corrie. I have also included a picture of another gift: two married hippos in a car. Pretty cool
2) I added the pictures of the week section. I won't describe them. You're homework assignment is to match the following captions with the photo: a) Modeling; b)Inanimate Reflections; c) Steel Contrast; d) the Farm; e) Pure Beauty and Joy; and f) In the Distance.
3) I am excited to see Jenn in 4 days. I am not looking forward to the -40 F weather or the ice. Of course, it will be fun to go sledding, making snow angels, and drinking hot chocolate as the snow blows outside.
4) **WARNING - The following recommendation is for guys with IQs less than 50*** If you have not already seen it, you have to watch Kung Pow; it is a classic movie and it is playing in the background as type this blog entry. The director basically purchased the rights to an old Kung Fu movie and he superimposes himself and other characters into the film. The director also created the thumb movies, like BatThumb, GodThumb, BlairThumb Project and Thumbtanic. Yes. There such a thing as a thumb movie. Nice! Ohh..you want a quote from the Kung Pow (I know you don't but hey)"there should be a stronger word for killing. Kill is bad and wrong. Bad or wrong are not strong enough. It could be like badong."
5) Can you say or bark: crazy dog meets Elvis? Check out the videos on the right side.
..and some closing thoughts...
1) What does it mean to walk "square corners?"
2) What is the 3 fold mission of the LDS Church?
3) I need learn what better questions to ask of God instead of asking Him to answer my questions. Of course, you must also be ready to act on any answers that you receive.
4) What are some common themes in Acts?
5) How many versions of the First Vision are there?
6) ...and politics...President-elect Barrack Obama will be sworn into office on January 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM EST. I hope that he lives up to everyone's expectations, or a lot people will be even more disappointed and cynical about politics.
7)...sports (not much of a fan), but Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl; ok, I admit...I am jumping on the bandwagon.
That is it for now..until next week and from the cooler (literally not metaphorically speaking)Des Moines. Ciao.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment